Interview with Renee Marksi
1) Can you tell us a little about the inspiration behind your entry for this contest?
My inspiration for this story was based on my little girl and memories from making cookies with my own mom when I was a kid.
2) What made you decide to enter this “Cookie Comedy” contest?
I got the email notification from Goodreads and decided to take a shot at it. I have written short stories for several other things and this looked like a fun one to write.
3) Who are some of your favourite authors and why?
Daphne DuMaurier-I read her in middle school and just loved the way she described Manderly in Rebecca.
C.S. Lewis-Who hasn't gotten lost in Narnia?
Mary Higgins Clark-I love a good mystery
4) What is your favourite book you read this year and why?
Three Dark Crowns. This was one of those books where you just picked it up and couldn't put it down until you finished it. I mean, I read it so quickly I was surprised. I went out and bought the second one almost immediately because I wanted to know what happened in the story.
5) What is your best piece of advice for all the new independent authors out there?
Never stop writing. Even if you get blocked for one story, pick up another and write something else. Sometimes you just have to let something rest before you can finish it. And you aren't writing for anyone but yourself. You will never please everyone.